AD

Thursday 30 April 2020

Anne Hathaway Showed Up to Her Catwoman Audition as Harley Quinn

Anne Hathaway says that she went on her audition for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises prepared for a totally different DC Comics femme fatale: Harley Quinn. In a new interview with BBC Radio 1 (via Batman-News), Hathaway explains that she dressed in the style of Harley Quinn when she met with Nolan assuming that was the role he had in mind for her only to discover in the middle of it that she was up for Catwoman. “I came in and I had this lovely Vivian Westwood kind of beautiful-but-mad tailoring top with stripes going everywhere,” Hathaway recalled. “And I wore these flat Joker-ey looking shoes. And I was trying to give Chris these crazy little smiles.” This went on for some time before Nolan dropped a bombshell on her. [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=ranking-the-batman-movies&captions=true"] “About an hour into the meeting he said ‘Well, I’m sure I don’t have to tell you this, but it’s Catwoman,'” Hathaway said. “And I was shifting into a different gear. ‘Now ok, we’re slinky. We’re slinky. And I hate my shirt. I love my shirt, but I hate it right now. We’re slinky.'” Given how notoriously secretive Nolan is about his projects, Hathaway can be forgiven for not knowing which character she was up for before she went in. And considering his previous Bat-film, The Dark Knight, featured Joker, perhaps Hathaway assumed the sequel would somehow bring in his shrink-turned-girlfriend Harley Quinn. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/10/19/ranking-the-batman-movie-villains"] In the end, Hathaway played Catwoman in Nolan's final Bat-film and Margot Robbie went on to bring Harley Quinn to life in Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey. Hathaway also recently sent well wishes to the screen's next Catwoman, Zoe Kravitz, who will play Selina Kyle in next year's The Batman.

from IGN News https://ift.tt/2xqFeo4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment