AD

Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Why Ewan McGregor Needed to Rerecord "Be Our Guest"

Ewan McGregor might be no stranger to musicals, but recording his musical number as Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast proved trickier than he initially expected.

While promoting Fargo: Season 3 at the 2017 winter TV Critics Association press tour, McGregor opened up about to a small group of reporters about why he botched "Be Our Guest" on the first go-around.

"I hadn't been in a recording studio for a long time, and I was in a recording studio in London when we recorded the song for the first time. There was an enormous amount of pressure, I thought," he recalled. "I had only just arrived, I was jet lagged from LA. I got off a plane one day and the next day I was in a recording studio. It's very nerve-wracking recording, because you're in a quiet room and through the glass there's people who are looking at you, and they speak to each other and you can't hear them. In this instance there were 50 people in there, and I was standing jet lagged alone trying to sing in a French accent this big number. Every time I stopped they would go, 'OK, hang on,'

Continue reading…



from IGN News http://ift.tt/2k1v0xY
via IFTTT http://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottDogGaming @scottdoggaming

No comments:

Post a Comment